Health and Dental Plan
If you are one of the millions of Canadians without an employee health plan – and therefore, vulnerable to health care expenses not covered by the Government Health Insurance Plan – supplemental health care coverage could be right for you.
With plan options available, you can choose the plan that’s right for your family, your needs and your budget. you can customize your plan with add-on options for additional coverage.
The need for supplemental health insurance:
- The average household spent $1616 out-of-pocket on health care expenses in 20101
- About 1 in 3 have gone without needed health care because of insufficient coverage (those with lower levels of income, women, self-employed and younger respondents age 18-34)2
- Group plans may not provide enough health coverage
- 62% of employers do not provide retiree benefits2
1 Statistics Canada, Average Household Spending: Health Care 2010
2 Ipsos Reid Survey, Supplementary Health Benefits Research, June 2012.
Manulife Financial offers Health, Dental and Extended Health Care benefits with
the following options:
* Coverage for Individuals and Families
* Coverage for those who are self-employed or those whose group benefits have been
Flexcare offers 7 different health and dental plans (3 of which are guaranteed issue) and
many add-on benefits so that you can design a health plan that best meets your specific
FollowMe offers 4 guaranteed issue plans which are designed to bridge the gap for
people who are leaving a group plan due to job loss or retirement so that their health and
dental coverage is not interrupted. As long as you apply within 60 days of leaving your
group plan, you are guaranteed acceptance with FollowMe.
"Mahshid is a knowledgeable insurance consultant who has delivered excellent service and advice to our family and our company. She recommended insurance products that provided the coverage requested at the best price. As well, Mahshid thinks “outside the box” to ensure that her clients are receiving the best insurance product for their current situation. I highly recommend her to anyone that has a family or company that needs that piece of mind from a trusted professional. "